APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
Applications are made on prescribed forms for the various programmes in the College. Application for NCE Programme is made on JAMB. Call for the application done through JAMB.
Candidates who are admitted into the NCE Regular will be required to pay for JAMB Regularization and their Admission would be regularized by JAMB.
NIGERIA CERTIFICATE IN EDUCATION (NCE)
- GCE O/L or SSCE with passes in at least five (5) subjects in two sittings, four of which must be at credit level.
- Grade II Teachers Certificate (TC II) /Higher Islamic Studies (SISC) with credit or merit in three subjects, two of which must be relevant to the course the candidate wishes to study.
- R.S.A or City and Guilds Intermediate Certificate or the Federal Craft Training Certificate.
- Associate Certificate in Education awarded by an approved institution in Nigeria or abroad.
- Credits in English and/or Mathematics may be required in some courses.
- Successful candidates in the Pre-NCE, (Languages or Sciences), final examination organized by an accredited body, would also be qualified for admission.
- The College may, in addition to all of the above, administer its own qualifying elimination tests and/or interviews for some courses, e.g. Physical and Health
NCE BY CORRESPONDENCE (NCE CC)
To be admitted into the NCE by Correspondence programme, a candidate must have any of the following:
- Teachers’ Grade II (TC II) with credits/merits in three subjects one of which must be in the subject the candidate wishes to study.
- GCE (O/L) or SSCE with passes in five subjects in one sitting, three of which must be at credit level.
- GCE (O/L) or SSCE with passes in five subjects, four of which must be at credit level in two sittings.
- Grade II pass certificate with minimum of five years post qualification teaching experience.
- There are two part-time Programmes. They are the Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) and Certificate Courses.
- Entry requirements for PGDE is a minimum of first degree or HND.
- Entry requirements for the Certificate Courses is minimum of secondary school leaving certificate.
NCE certificate with credit/merit in the relevant subject area of study and Education.
In addition, a credit in Mathematics and at least a pass at O’ Level are required for Science Courses, while Arts courses require a credit in English at O’ Level.